Amazon

I dont think he likes W too much

Holy Cow!

That was a close call, I guess ...

*gasping for breath .....* :D:D:DLMAO

This exiiting President still has pretty good reflexes. The first shoe was on target to leave a mark!:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why is this "funny"?

Because you don't like the White House policies, it's ok to laugh at this situation of attempted violence?

OK... so you justify it because it was a shoe. Or the "insult" of the sole of the shoe is amusing.

Let's reverse this.

If Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamel al-Maliki were to come to the US for this signing of the agreement, and a (lets play on the stereotypes here) FOX reporter throws something at the PM here. How funny would that be?

I've said it before, encouraging violence is bad.

>Because you don't like the White House policies, it's ok to laugh at this
>situation of attempted violence?

I didn't think it was funny - but it also wasn't "attempted violence." It was the equivalent of throwing a tomato at someone. Had he gone after him with a bat, or thrown a brick, I'd agree with your assessment.

No, apparently he doesn't.

Whatever one's opinion on President Bush and his policies ... ugh ... throwing shoes is not an effective way to deal with policies.

I also wonder at the cultural associations (not positive ones) of the bottom of shoes predominant in that part of the world.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Like dropping bombs on innocent civilians to get rid of a dictator you don't like?

Maybe all leaders should get the occasional taste of what they dish out in full measure.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I also wonder at the cultural associations (not positive ones) of the bottom of shoes predominant in that part of the world.

Look up what they did when the statue of Saddam was torn down. The shoe thing -is- the insult.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>I also wonder at the cultural associations (not positive ones) of the bottom of
>shoes predominant in that part of the world.

In Thailand, if you drop money and you step on it to keep it from blowing away you can (theoretically) go to jail - because you have put the most disgusting and base part of your body on a portrait of the King. I don't think it's enforced often though.

>Look at the second post....... "LMAO"

Christel can laugh at whatever she likes!

>And the justification of "but it also wasn't 'attempted violence.'"

It's not a justification, just a statement. It's as if a US pilot dropped a bomb that killed civilians, and someone called him a depraved murderer. You might disagree with that description - it wouldn't mean you're justifying the bombing of civilians.

Why is this "funny"?

Because you don't like the White House policies, it's ok to laugh at this situation of attempted violence?

OK... so you justify it because it was a shoe. Or the "insult" of the sole of the shoe is amusing.

Let's reverse this.

If Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Kamel al-Maliki were to come to the US for this signing of the agreement, and a (lets play on the stereotypes here) FOX reporter throws something at the PM here. How funny would that be?

GWB is a lucky man. It only were shoes. Not grenades or knives. Thanks to his security, of course.

Did he really expect to receive a warm welcome? Did you expect him to be received as a friend? [:/]

Come on. He surely is the most hated man for Iraqi folks... and deservedly so. :|

edited for typo

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I thought about posting a picture of an Iraqui smacking the Sadaam statue with the sole of his shoe as well as the link... in case anyone was missing the significance.